Our Application Process
Step 1: Check Our Eligibility Requirements
All volunteers must fit these requirements to register for the Vancouver Aquarium Volunteer Program:
- Have valid BC Medical Coverage/Insurance (ex. BC CareCard or travel insurance)
- Be able to communicate in English
- Be eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your visa, if applicable)
- Able to commit to 50 hours of volunteer service (approx. 3-4 months)
- Be willing to purchase a Volunteer T-shirt and Volunteer Manual ($30). If this poses a hardship please contact the Volunteer Services team.
Step 2: Register In The Volunteer Database
If you would like to be informed of upcoming recruitments when they open please sign up to the volunteer database by completing the online application form using the link below.
Step 3: Check Opportunities Available
Check out the opportunities available, read the descriptions of the positions that are of interest to you and apply following the instructions within each description.
Step 4: Attend An Information Session And An Interview
When recruitment opens, sign up to attend an Information Session to hear more about the roles being recruited for and sign up for an interview.
Our Fall 2017 information sessions are complete, but feel free to complete an application as you will be notified when we hold mroe sessions. To do so, please click the "Register Now" button above
Step 5: Participate in Training Sessions
If we're able to connect your personal interests to our organizational needs, we will invite you to the core training sessions. This comprehensive volunteer training program will fully immerse you in our galleries and animals, as well as our style and our conservation programs, ensuring you are ready to act as an Aquarium ambassador.
Step 6: Begin Volunteering!
Following your successful completion of core and position-specific training, you'll begin volunteering once a week (or as the program requires) in the program you've chosen.