In this program, you will:
- Handle live animals that live in BC waters.
- Explore the adaptations these animals have to thrive in their specific habitats and ecosystems.
- Learn about a variety of local marine habitats and ecosystems and the influences that affect the health and the survival of the communities of life that they contain.
- Understand the complex issues of marine debris and its interactions within our local aquatic habitats and ecosystems and around the world!
- This Wet Lab programs are a great way to engage your group, inspire curiosity and instill a sense of respect for all ocean life and its environment! This is a unique hands-on experience where your students will interact with and learn about live tidal pool sea animals from local B.C. waters and gain a first-hand insight into the inner workings of intertidal marine life. Through an inquiry approach, your group will be encouraged to explore the adaptations these animals have to thrive in their specific habitat, and what selective pressures exist in those habitats that have helped to shape these adaptations.