Volunteer As A Family
If you are interested in joining the family volunteer program please check the eligibility requirements and information below. If you can make the commitment and would like to be contacted about family volunteer opporutunities in Summer 2018, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: family teams will always be scheduled to attend and volunteer together.
Eligibility Requirements For All Participants
• Youth should be aged 10 – 13 years and able to attend with a parent or guardian (one adult can bring a maximum of two children)
• Have valid BC Medical Coverage/Insurance (ex. BC CareCard)
• Be fluent in English
• Be eligible to volunteer in Canada
• Be able to navigate the Aquarium facility safely
• Willing to purchase a Volunteer T-shirt (total $30 per family team)
• Adults are able to present one piece of ID that has been issued by the government of Canada which displays your name, date of birth, signature and photo. This information is required in order to complete a Criminal Record Check application via the Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP). For a full list of accepted IDs please see the CRRP’s website
The role consists of a variety of duties that the family team can choose to engage in during their shift. Duties include interpretive roving, wayfinding, show promoting/recommending as well as opportunities at the clownfish cove touchpools and acting as an ID ranger in some galleries.
This is a seasonal position between July - September.You should be able to commit to one regular shift per week and complete a minimum of six shifts during this 8 week period. Shifts will be from 10:15 am – 2:45 pm and 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm. Successful applicants will be required to attend a group interview, training and complete some online training modules.
Interview and Training
Selected participants will be invited to attend an hour-long fun, group interview in May. Training for the family program takes place in June each year.
To Express Interest
Please contact email@example.com letting us know why you are interested in the family program.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Family Volunteering" in the subject line if you have questions or would like to be sent information about future family volunteer recruitments.