Join us for the next After Hours adults-only event and discover the insides and outsides of mysterious aquatic creatures at our new exhibit, Sea Monsters Revealed: The Exhibition.
Through the groundbreaking polymer preservation technique, commonly known as plastination, Sea Monsters Revealed gets you up close and personal with some of the most intriguing aquatic life ever to be featured on dry land, including a five-metre long mako shark, a Humboldt squid and a metre-long ocean sunfish, the heaviest bony fish in the world.
After experiencing this new exhibit, grab a beer or glass of wine and explore a world of aquatic wonder, from the Tropics and Amazon to B.C.’s coast and Canada’s Arctic.
The evening will also include:
- Special sea monsters-themed programming, including shark shows and our “Let’s Get Kraken” game show
- National Geographic’s film experience Sea Monsters 4-D: A Prehistoric Adventure
- Hands-on learning with marine invertebrates like sea stars, sea urchins and more in our Wet Lab*
- Beluga Shows on the Arctic Deck
Food, beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Tickets are available online only. Purchase your ticket early to avoid disappointment as the event sells out in advance.
*Due to space and time restrictions, we are unable to accommodate all After Hours guests in the Wet Lab. Entry to the Wet Lab is by timed-ticket; please pick up your timed-entry ticked from the Wet Lab in the Canaccord Exploration Gallery when you arrive.
- 19+ event. Photo ID required for entry.
- No tickets available for purchase at the door.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Membership cards will be required for member priced ticket holders.
Why Are The Lights Out?
After Hours is a unique aquatic evening experience for adults.
While you may like to stay out late, some of the animals require the lights to go out earlier in order to reflect their natural environment. However, the majority of our exhibits will remain well-lit throughout the evening to allow for easy viewing.
To ensure animal health and well-being, the Graham Amazon Gallery will be open from 6 to 8 p.m., and the outdoor Penguin Point exhibit will be open, weather dependent, from 6 to 8 p.m. Be sure to visit before closing!
Thursday, May 28, 2015
6 to 10 p.m.
Prices include tax
Please save the date for our next After Hours on Thursday, August 13. Tickets go on sale the week of July 13.