Celebrate Halloween at our next adults-only After Hours event for a frightfully good time.
Grab a beer or glass of wine and enjoy exploring the Aquarium after dark in a fun and social atmosphere. Come in costume and learn about the spooktacular animals that call the aquarium home.
On this spooky evening, enjoy:
- Touching a stingray as they glide through the water in the Discover Rays touch pool
- Take a waddle on the wild side during the Meet a Penguin program
- Catch a screening of the thrilling 4-D film Coastal Predators
- Find out what goes Chomp in the dark during our Shark program
- Rock out to tunes presented by Jack FM
- Learn about critters that slither and slide at our Snakes on a Stage program
- Costume contest for best costume, best group costume, and best aquatic themed costume
- Experience hands-on learning with marine invertebrates like sea stars, sea anemones, and more in the Wet Lab
- Join the spirit and get in costume for a chance to win prizes.
- Prizes will be awarded for best costume, best group costume, and best aquatic themed costume – so get creative!
- Food, beer, and wine will be available for purchase.
Tickets are available online only. Purchase your ticket early to avoid disappointment as the event often sells out in advance.
*Due to space and time restrictions, we are unable to accommodate all After Hours guests in the Wet Lab. Entry to the Wet Lab is by timed-ticket; please pick up your timed-entry ticket, while supplies last, from the staff member in the Ocean Courtyard.
- 19+ event. Photo ID required for entry.
- No tickets available for purchase at the door.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Membership cards will be required for member-priced ticket holders.
Closures & Lights Out
Please note the following exhibit closures/viewing restrictions:
To ensure animal health and well-being, the Graham Amazon Gallery and Penguin Point will be open from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Be sure to visit before closing.
While you may like to stay out late, some of the animals require the lights to go out earlier in order to reflect their natural environment. However, the majority of our exhibits will remain well-lit throughout the evening to allow for easy viewing.
Halloween Costume Code
The safety of our animals is our top priority, please ensure your costume does not include the following prohibited items:
balloons, feather boas or feathers in general, straws/stir sticks, confetti, bubbles, sparklers, beaded necklaces (i.e. Mardi Gras beads), glassware (as props), or glow sticks
Thank you for your cooperation.