This Tropical Vacation
Is Only Minutes Away
Join us for our next After Hours, our adults-only event, and trade the cold, bleak winter for a tropical paradise (minus the airfare and hotel).
Explore the galleries with a beer or glass of wine in-hand, and learn about the fascinating, colourful animals that call the warm waters of the tropics home.
The Evening Will Include:
- Special programming on tropical animal favourites, like the green sea turtle, blacktip reef sharks, clown anemonefish and corals
- Time to explore the lush habitats and diversity of plant and animal life in the Graham Amazon Gallery (open until 8 p.m.). How many of the well-camouflaged sloths can you spot in the tree canopy?
- Hands-on learning in our Wet Lab*
- BBC Earth’s The Great Salmon Run in our 4-D Theatre
- Caring for Belugas shows at Canada’s Arctic
- Access to our galleries after dark
Food will be available for purchase at our new café and at the outdoor grab-and-go outlet. Wine, beer and a tropical cocktail special will also be available for purchase.
Tickets are available online only. Purchase your ticket early to avoid disappointment; After Hours events often sell out in advance.
*Wet Lab: In order to minimize the time spent in line-ups, the Wet Lab is now running on a timed-ticket entry system. Head to the Wet Lab when you first arrive to make sure you get a ticket, and then check back five minutes before your timeslot.
- 19+ event. Photo ID required for entry.
- No tickets available for purchase at the door.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Membership cards will be required for member priced ticket holders.
Why Are The Lights Out?
After Hours is a unique aquatic evening experience for adults.
While you may like to stay out late, some of the animals require the lights to go out earlier in order to reflect their natural environment. However, the majority of our exhibits will remain well-lit throughout the evening to allow for easy viewing.
To ensure animal health and well-being, the Graham Amazon Gallery will be open from 6 to 8 p.m., and the outdoor Penguin Point exhibit will be open, weather dependent, from 6 to 8 p.m. Be sure to visit before closing!
Thursday, February 26, 2015
6 to 10 p.m.
Prices include tax