Don’t miss the next After Hours adults-only event for your last chance to explore the groundbreaking exhibit, Sea Monsters Revealed without kiddies underfoot. Get up-close with full-sized, preserved specimens of sharks, squid, fishes, rays and more and learn about how science and ocean exploration have dispelled the myths of monsters of the deep.
Then grab a beer or glass of wine and uncover a world of aquatic wonder, from the Tropics and Amazon to B.C.’s coast and Canada’s Arctic.
In addition to the mesmerizing aquatic life, there’s a lot to see and do:
- Enjoy a show in the sunshine, from the popular beluga show to Spotlight shows on sea otters and African penguins.
- Experience the thrilling effects of our 4-D theatre with National Geographic’s Sea Monsters 4-D: A Prehistoric Adventure*.
- Get hands-on and up-close with marine invertebrates like sea stars, sea urchins, anemones and more in our Wet Lab* or at the Wild Coast Touch Pools.
- Catch staff presenter Kate Le Souef‘s talk, “Monster Waves: The Ripple Effect of the Japanese Tsunami” and learn about impacts to our shorelines and ways you can keep them clean.
Food, beer and wine will be available for purchase.
Tickets are only available online. Purchase your ticket early to avoid disappointment as the event sells out quickly.
*Due to space and time restrictions, we are unable to accommodate all After Hours guests in the Wet Lab and 4-D theatre. Entry to the 4-D theatre is on a first-come, first-served basis. Entry to the Wet Lab is by timed-ticket; please pick up your timed-entry ticket from the Wet Lab in the Canaccord Exploration Gallery.
- 19+ event. Photo ID required for entry.
- No tickets available for purchase at the door.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Membership cards will be required for member priced ticket holders.
Why Are The Lights Out?
After Hours is a unique aquatic evening experience for adults.
While you may like to stay out late, some of the animals require the lights to go out earlier in order to reflect their natural environment. However, the majority of our exhibits will remain well-lit throughout the evening to allow for easy viewing.
To ensure animal health and well-being, the Graham Amazon Gallery will be open from 6 to 8 p.m., and the outdoor Penguin Point exhibit will be open, weather dependent, from 6 to 8 p.m. Be sure to visit before closing!
Thursday, August 13, 2015
6 to 10 p.m.
Prices include tax
On sale July 8, 2015